Teeth whitening make teeth whiter resulting to good looks, youthful personality, and confident smile. It also makes teeth healthy and strong gums.
Reasons to use teeth whitening
Teeth whitening have many benefits. It helps eliminate plaque that has accumulated for a long time. It helps improve good-looking personality to people and increase confidence to smile more often, and also more confident to talk to people.
The teeth whitening procedure is safe and does not have any side effects on the teeth
Teeth whitening methods
There are many methods of teeth whitening, which includes
1. Home Teeth Whitening
This method of teeth whitening that can be done by you at home using low concentration hydrogen peroxide. This will focus on the consistency of your own teeth whitening each day to get good results. The dentist will arrange the home teeth whitening kit for you. This will allow you to do it yourself at home for a period of time And the dentist will make an appointment to evaluate again at the specified time
2. Teeth whitening by a dentist in the clinic
This teeth whitening procedure is done by a dentist which takes about 1-2 hours using high concentration hydrogen peroxide. There are many teeth whitening procedures in the clinic, such as Cool-Light Teeth Whitening, Laser Teeth Whitening, ZOOM Teeth Whitening, etc.
3. Teeth whitening by dentists do in the clinic together with continuous teeth whitening at home.
This method of teeth whitening combines methods 1 & 2 by doing teeth whitening first by the dentist at the clinic. To make the teeth whiter, patient can continue doing it at home in order to maintain the whiteness of teeth. This method makes the teeth white effect on teeth last longer.
4. Teeth whitening by using whitening products that can be purchased over the counter.
5. Bleaching dead teeth that are clearly darker than the neighboring teeth. This method of teeth whitening is needed in tooth that has changed color because was affected by blood congestion within the dentin tube. The dentist will put teeth whitening agents inside the darkened teeth and leave it for a period of time. After that, the dentist will make an appointment to change the whitening solution that is put inside the tooth. Do this until the desired color is achieved, or the color matched the adjacent teeth.
What kind of teeth cannot be bleached?
The dentist will consider whether each patient can receive teeth whitening or not. Because there are certain cases that it may not be possible due to other dental problem the patient has such as gum disease, tooth decay, gingivitis, fractured teeth or receding gums. Patients with these problems may likely be more prone to experience tooth sensitivity during normal teeth whitening.
How to care for teeth after teeth whitening
For people who have already performed teeth whitening, caring for beautiful teeth forever is something that should be done. Here are methods to follow.
- Avoid using mouthwash. Or use toothpaste that is dark in color
- Avoid eating or drinking dark-colored beverages because it may cause color stains to accumulate on the teeth
- Avoid smoking because color stains will accumulate on the teeth
- Brush your teeth thoroughly At least 2 times a day
- Should use dental floss to remove color and stains on teeth surfaces between teeth
- Should see a dentist every 6 months to get advice for regular dental care, such as scaling, which should be done at least twice a year, etc.
Teeth whitening safety
There are researches on teeth whitening that are safe that offers no side effects on the gums and teeth. You should consider that the product has been approved by a recognized medical institution. And should follow the dentist’s instructions strictly
How to deal with teeth sensitivity?
Highly concentrated whitening solutions may cause tooth sensitivity, usually, this condition wears off after 4-8 hours of teeth whitening procedure. However, if teeth sensitivity persists, consider the following instructions.
- Brush your teeth with toothpaste to help reduce sensitivity.
- Consult a dentist to help recommend products that help reduce sensitive teeth.
- In case of using home whitening, adjust the frequency of usage
- Brush your teeth thoroughly so you can always keep your teeth healthy.
After teeth whitening, you must keep your teeth clean and healthy, which is absolutely necessary because if everyone takes good dental care what follows is a beautiful dental health, affecting everyone’s personality. Remember, a smile with beautiful white teeth will be another charm that can impress people you meet.
Skytrain Dental Group