What to expect after root canal treatment:
1. After the tooth root is treated, there may be sensitivity in the teeth. Patients should use toothpaste to help reduce sensitivity in order to alleviate the condition. Usually, the symptoms will disappear within 1-2 weeks.
2. After treatment, bleeding and swelling along the edge of the gum normally occurs.
3. Patient should strictly meet the appointment scheduled for treatment, because it is important to make completely treat the roots. Root canal treatment cannot be completed in just one appointment.
4. In some cases the treatment has been completed, but the gums are still receded due to gum disease or chronic gingivitis, causing the bones around the tooth root to recede as well. The gums will not be able to fill the teeth as normal, even after treating it.
5. Always keep the mouth clean by brushing your teeth at least 2 times a day, as well as use dental floss and mouthwash at least 1 time per day for good oral health.
6. Brush teeth and use dental floss properly to prevent damage to the gums, which may cause the gums to recede.
7. Use the type of toothbrush that fits you personally, not too small or not too big. Most importantly, use soft bristles to prevent damage to the gums while brushing teeth
8. Should follow the dentist’s instructions very seriously.
9. Make an appointment to visit the dentist for oral examination at least every 6 months, because limestone can recur even if we brush your teeth 2 times a day with flossing, especially in the area of the teeth that we don’t brush well or cannot be reached by toothbrush.
“Beautiful teeth, Bright smile, Quality service”
Dental Clinic, Orthodontic Clinic, Skytrain Dental Group