Recommendations after implant procedure:
After implant procedure, patient should wait for the implants to merge with the jawbone. The dentist will continue to restore the top of the implants, possibly crowns, bridges or dentures, depending on the number of missing teeth and the needs of the patient. After the replacement of the teeth, the patient should do the following:
1. Always keep your mouth clean by brushing your teeth at least 2 times a day and brushing your teeth properly according to the dentist’s instructions.
2. Use dental floss to clean between teeth regularly, especially the implant tooth. Do not let the limestone develop on the crown.
3. Patient should avoid using dental implant tooth to chew food that is hard, sticky, even if the implants are already well attached to the bone. The implant should not use too much force for chewing, because it may damage the implants.
4. Make an appointment with the dentist for oral examination to check on your implants, usually during the first month after the implant procedure. Next time will be after 3 months and 6 months respectively. After 1 year, if there is no problem with your implant, you don’t have to visit the dentist frequently.
5. Even implants And crowns do not decay themselves, if patient has poor oral hygiene, the surrounding gums can be inflamed, and like natural teeth it can develop gingivitis and will causes the surrounding bone to shrink which will eventually weaken the support for the implant. If this happens, the implant may come off. Therefore, it is very important to clean and check the oral cavity regularly.
“Beautiful teeth, Bright smile, Quality service”
Dental Clinic, Orthodontic Clinic, Skytrain Dental Group