Things to do after removing braces:
When it’s time to remove the braces, many people think that the orthodontic treatment has been completed, and they will not have to do anything with their teeth. On the contrary, they still have to continue to do 2 more things to maintain cleanliness, eliminate stains that developed while teeth were on braces. It is also important to follow post treatment advice of the dentist.
– Avoid eating sticky, hard, chewed food for a while, because when the braces are removed, the teeth will not be strong.
– When brushing teeth, choose a toothbrush with soft bristles, because wearing braces continuously for a long time affects the gums. Hard-bristled toothbrush may cause gums to recede and weaken the foundation of teeth and eventually lead to tooth loss. Patient should also brush teeth at least 2 time a day, and floss at least once a day.
– After removing the braces, patient should wear retainers. Patient should wear it continuously over a period of time, and removing it only when eating and cleaning teeth. After a while, when teeth are stronger, then as per dentist advice, patient may wear the retainers only while sleeping.
– Teeth retainers must be washed and kept clean at all times, brushing it with soft-bristled toothbrush with toothpaste.
– If the retainer is damaged, patient must replace it with a new one.
– Patient should return to the dentist for dental check regularly every 6 months and strictly follow the dentist’s instructions.
“Beautiful teeth, Bright smile, Quality service”
Dental Clinic, Orthodontic Clinic, Skytrain Dental Group